Re: [AMBER] On Amber to Gromacs Parameter Conversion

From: Hai Nguyen <nhai.qn.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 22:32:47 -0500

Hi

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 8:45 PM, Robert Molt <rwmolt07.gmail.com> wrote:

> Good evening,
>
> I am somewhat confused on execution; I am having trouble reconciling the
> manual and the example. In the example given, it seems like one is using
> a Linux command (import) in csh rather than bash, as if one is doing
> this on the command line. If so, why is Amber being defined as a
> variable on the next line? I do not see "import" as a command in the
> manual under parmed, so I assume this not meant to be done within the
> ParmEd interface? Or perhaps this is written in Python, and this is the
> use of "import?" I'm not familiar with Python so I am unsure.

I am sorry for the confusion. I don't think AT15 supports conversion from
amber to gromacs. So I suggested to use developing version of ParmEd.
The commands I sent are Python code.

First, you need to install developing version of ParmEd from pip:
*pip install https://github.com/ParmEd/ParmEd/archive/2.0.5.tar.gz
<https://github.com/ParmEd/ParmEd/archive/2.0.5.tar.gz>*

After successfully install ParmEd, you create a file name your_script.py
with the command I sent.
then run in shell: *python your_script.py *(should be similiar as using
cpptraj)

> Is it possible to just enter a series of commands a la stdin being read
> into parmed.py

I think this is in todo list: https://github.com/ParmEd/ParmEd/issues/341

I do not see a command in the manual under parmed that
> seems associated with an output of a different file type? parmout just
> says to print out the revised topology file after given commands; it's
> not obvious to me if a command corresponds to this. I would guess not,
> given that the above example does not take this route?

yeah, the conversion is not existing in release version yet.

Hai