Re: [AMBER] energy calculation with cpptraj based on chamber topology file

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 12:35:17 -0500

Note that in general these kinds of decomposition are difficult. Unless the potential is pairwise decomposable (and neither PME or GB are), these energies are not well-defined. The most useful variants involve running multiple (2 or 3) separate calculations on subsets of the system to do it. You can always use "strip" to generate subsets before using the energy routines to get the energy of the remaining atoms.

HTH,
Jason