[AMBER] problem with ionized residues

From: Michael Shokhen <michael.shokhen.biu.ac.il>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 10:30:20 +0000

Dear AMBER experts,

I have amber14 and AmberTools15 on my computer.

In preparing protein for MD simulations I use TLEAP procedure.

There are parameters in ff14SB force field for different forms of HIS: HID, HIE, HIP,

so TLEAP recognize and well differentiate them .

Unfortunately, I faced the problem with other ionized protein residues

like protonated neutral ASP and GLU side residues, or deprotonated

side residue of anionic SER gamma O atom.

It seems that the corresponding parameters for ionized side residues
are absent in the ff14BB force field, so TLEAP reports about fatal error.

I would appreciate if somebody can advise me how to work the problem around.

Thank you,

Michael

Michael Shokhen, PhD
Associate Professor