Re: [AMBER] Diffusion/msd cpptraj bug?

From: Timothy Christopher Schutt <tschutt.mymail.mines.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 18:05:07 -0700

. David: I am trying to compute diffusion from a trajectory that was
created with iwrap =1. The systems are ~30,000 atoms with box dimensions of
about 65x65x65 (angstroms) and molecular weights around 250 g/mol. My input
file looks like this:

NVE
 &cntrl
  iwrap = 1,
  imin = 0,
  irest = 1,
  ntx = 5,
  nstlim = 10000000,
  dt = 0.002,
  ntwx = 1000,
  ntpr = 10000,
  ntb = 1,
  ntwr=0,
  ntc=2,
  ntf=2,
  cut = 10,
  ntt = 0,
  ntp=0,
  tempi = 300,
  &end

In my ptraj script I did use the image command, but that was after
calculating diffusion and radius of gyration. I was curious to compare
RMSD's with MSD's after I started to struggle with the diffusion. My ptraj
scripts look like this:

trajin ../Ethoxy_0G100.nve.mdcrd

diffusion :DEF average diffDEF.dat 2
diffusion :OAC average diffOAC.dat 2
#diffusion :WAT average diffWAT.dat 2

radgyr :DEF out radgyrDEF.out mass
radgyr :OAC out radgyrOAC.out mass
#radgyr :WAT out radgyrWAT.out mass

##RMSD Part
reference ../Ethoxy_0G100_nve.crd
center :1-2 mass origin
image origin center
rms reference mass out 0G100_rmsd-all.dat :1-2 time 2.0
rms reference mass out 0G100_rmsd-C.dat :2.C1,C2,C3,C4,C5,O5 time 2.0
rms reference mass out 0G100_rmsd-DEF.dat :DEF time 2.0
rms reference mass out 0G100_rmsd-OAC.dat :OAC time 2.0
#rms reference mass out 0G100_rmsd-WAT.dat :WAT time 2.0

.Daniel: I'm having trouble compiling the beta cpptraj - I'm pretty new to
linux and command line stuff so I'm sure that part is just me being slow
but I'll figure it out here eventually.

.Thomas: I just attempted the unwrap command and that totally worked!!
Thanks! I'll be sure to include that from now on. I didn't realize that was
required at first because the diffusion command automatically accounted for
wrapping around in one dimension at a time.