Re: [AMBER] Gist calculation on clustered structures

From: <peter.schmidtke.discngine.servier.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 07:31:40 +0000

Cheers Steven,

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Peter

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Steven Ramsey [mailto:vpsramsey.gmail.com]
Envoyé : mardi 1 mars 2016 15:30
À : AMBER Mailing List
Objet : Re: [AMBER] Gist calculation on clustered structures

Hi Peter,

You certainly can run GIST on a clustered trajectory and you should find similar/ good convergence rates, it would depend on the number of frames in your cluster, but my hunch on typical clustering protocols is that at least your top cluster will perform well.

The caveat is that sometimes structures that have been aligned lose system information used in GIST energy calculations, producing strange (arbitrarily high energy) results. Here's an archived response on the
matter: http://archive.ambermd.org/201508/0155.html .

We're aware of this issue and working to fix it, the good news is that all other terms calculated in GIST should behave normally on a clustered system.

--Steve