Re: [AMBER] adding ion

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 08:26:46 -0500

I admit to being a little confused by your email. You say that you didn't
use salt, and didn't think you needed to do so, but the reviewer response
makes it sound like you made claims related to salt effects in the
manuscript ("this is not a proof of the influence of salt..."). It doesn't
sound quite like the reviewer brought up salt and ions even though you
never discussed it anywhere in the manuscript - but I could be wrong, I'm
guessing without more info.

(1) I agree with Jason, that your question is about science, not really
technical questions about Amber. If you want to know how to implement the
salt, then you might ask here.

(2) if you did want feedback on the reviewer comments, you would need to
give someone the text to which the reviewer refers. without that it's
impossible to interpret the reviewer comments, because their validity
depends on what claims you made in your manuscript. In order to get helpful
suggestions, you would give your manuscript AND the reviewer comments to
someone that you trust that has relevant experience.

note that I am NOT suggesting that you follow up by sending the information
to the Amber list. As Jason said, this probably isn't the place for such
discussions. I'm just making a suggestion for what info you'll want to
share with the person you ask for help.