[AMBER] adding ion

From: zahra khatti <zkhatti2000.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 06:45:19 +0000 (UTC)

Dear amber usersWe investigatedthe behavior of carboplatin drugs inserted in boron nitride nanotubes as atransporter for use in drug delivery by molecular dynamics simulation using Amber12 and as amanuscript submitted to journal. In our case the molecules are neutral without charged groups, and we do not intend to investigate the ion effect. Therefore,no ion was added to the solvent. But the reviewer insists that forgottenion in solvent can dramatically cause changed in the behavior of molecule orother molecule in the simulations and the dynamic of the water as well. Reviewer comment: “this is not a proof of the influence ofthe salt on all of these results, since no salt concentration was used.Performing theoretical investigation with precise data needs to approach arealistic simulation system, which represents at best the experimental world.In this confined state where hydrophobicity is high, the dynamics of water andion are essential and can perturbed locally and non locally all the analysesdata. Rich literature exists on ion specific effects on the structure anddynamics of water molecules, encompassing both local and non-local effect. Themain results of these studies converge on the importance of the presence ofdissolved salts (ions) in water that leads to considerable changes in thedipolar correlations. Of course, the changes are proportional to the saltconcentration but also dependant of the salt species and concentrationdependent. Based on these remarks, authors should start again all theirsimulations, analysis and conclusion, including ions in the solvent.”

I have arequest for the response to the reviewer.

Best regards.

 Z. Khatti, Ph.D student of Physical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Iran University of Science & Technology,Tehran, Iran