Re: [AMBER] free energy calculation of folding

From: Asmita Gupta <asmita4des.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 14:20:05 +0530

thanks for the response Jason.. i did not explain the problem properly
enough.

..in SMD simulation of my RNA structure, the 5' to 3' (end-to-end)
distance was increased from 50 Ang to 150 Ang. I took snapshots at stages
where this end-to-end distance was 70, 90 and 120 Ang. Now i want to see
the capacity/tendency of these structures to come back to their native
(initial) state from these stages of distortion (by removing the pulling
force). Simply put, i want to see whether they are folding back or not.
Questions:-

1. Can this folding be studied using conventional MD? without introducing
additional bias?

2. How can i study the free energies of this folding process? (if i don't
use umbrella sampling like methods)

Thanks