Re: [AMBER] KeyError - MCPB.py tutorial

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 12:08:43 -0500

Hi Dave,

Your case is special and the difficulty is bigger than a normal case.

> On Jan 26, 2016, at 9:01 AM, David Mayes <dm822.york.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> Hi Pengfei,
>
> Seperating and treating as an ion seems to have worked, thanks!

That is great.

> Unfortunately now I do not see the carbon monoxide molecule in any of the
> .com or .fingerprint files. I've tried seperating it out and treating it as
> a seperate ligand.

In default, MCPB.py will only treat the metal-N/O/S/F/Cl/Br/I bond as bond but not metal-C/H bond.

This is trying to prevent to detect unphysical bond in the low resolution structure.

So there is some problem in your case. I have add a new variable in the MCPB.py program. You can download it from github (https://github.com/Amber-MD/pymsmt <https://github.com/Amber-MD/pymsmt>) and install it.

The new variable is “bonded_atom_pairs”, based on which you can set the additional metal center bonding manually (In your case, it is the Metal-C bond). I have made corresponding modifications of your MCPB.py input file (see attachment).

> I also don't see any H atoms in the .com and
> .fingerprint outputs.

This is because the H atoms in the ligand did not have the same residue number as the ligand so MCPB.py did not
treat them in the same ligand, causing them not considered in the .com and .fingerprint files.

I have made related modifications in the PDB file and regenerated the file by using pdb4amber. The new pdb file called nikaru_fixed_H_new.pdb. Related mol2 and frcmod files are updated.

Please find the updated files attached. Using these files and the new MCPB.py program you can try to run the first step, it is no problem for me doing it in my computer.

Pengfei