Re: [AMBER] cpptraj molsurf error

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:26:52 -0700

Hi,

The molsurf code is very sensitive to certain molecular geometries,
particularly when only doing parts of molecules (which it appears you are
doing). The molsurf code in cpptraj is basically the original code from
Paul Beroza's molsurf program, which hard-coded some memory limits. I've
wanted to change this for a while but its low on my to-do list.

You can try a few things. Adjusting the default probe radius by a bit (say
0.05 Ang) may help. Or you could try setting the probe radius to 0.0 and
the offset to 1.4 (identifying which frame(s) cause issues and testing on
them will probably be helpful in testing these options). Or you could try
the more approximate but less temperamental 'surf' (LCPO surface area)
command. Others may have better suggestions.

Hope this helps,

-Dan