Re: [AMBER] KeyError - MCPB.py tutorial

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 17:49:49 -0500

Hi David,

For the Cl- ion, you can treat it in the similar way as treating the Fe2+ ion. You need to separate it as an independent residue with residue name as "CL" and atom name as "CL". And then the program will recognize it as a Cl- ion. Please let me know whether it works.

Pengfei

> On Jan 25, 2016, at 10:04 AM, David Mayes <dm822.york.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> Hi Pengfei,
>
> Thanks for the reply! I found the inconsistency and have solved the
> problem, however a second problem has arisen! I have made a separate file
> for the Fe2+ centre, and a single seperate file for the ligands surrounding
> it (a nitrogen based bidentate ligand, a CO, a water and a Cl- ion).
> However, the fingerprint files and .com files generated do not recognise
> the Cl as Cl, but rather as carbon. Can I change the fingerprint files and
> com files manually without any problems?
> I will attach the .pdb and .mol2 files.
>
> Thanks again for the help!
>
> Dave
>
> On 22 January 2016 at 17:10, Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com <mailto:ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> It seems there is inconsistency between your PDB file and mol2 file for
>> the ligand. Can you send me these two files in an independent email (to
>> ambermailpengfei.gmail.com <mailto:ambermailpengfei.gmail.com> <mailto:ambermailpengfei.gmail.com <mailto:ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>>)?
>>
>> Pengfei
>>
>>> On Jan 22, 2016, at 8:25 AM, David Mayes <dm822.york.ac.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm currently trying to adapt the MCPB.py tutorial to an artificial
>>> metalloenzyme, and I'm getting stuck.
>>>
>>> $ MCPB.py -i xyz.in -s 1a
>>>

>>> ******************************************************************
>>> * Welcome to use MCPB.py program *
>>> * Author: Pengfei Li *
>>> * Merz Research Group *
>>> * Michigan State University *
>>> * All Rights Reserved *
>>> ******************************************************************
>>>

>>> The input file you are using is : xyz.in
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> The following is the input variable you have:
>>> The variable original_pdb is : xyz_fixed_H.pdb
>>> The variable ion_ids is : [7864]
>>> The variable ion_mol2files is : ['FE.mol2']
>>> The variable group_name is : xyz
>>> The variable cut_off is : 2.8
>>> The variable ionchg_fixation is : 0
>>> The variable gau_version is : g03
>>> The variable sqm_opt is : 0
>>> The variable force_field is : ff14SB
>>> The variable gaff is : 1
>>> The variable frcmodfs is : ['LIG.frcmod']
>>> The variable naa_mol2files is : ['LIG.mol2']
>>> The variable water_model is : TIP3P
>>> The variable ion_paraset is : CM (Only for nonbonded model)
>>> The variable ion_info is : []
>>> * *
>>> * *
>>> ***Selected Metal ion FE2 is atom 7864 in residue 499-FE2
>>> 500-LIG.NAD is in 2.8 Angstrom of 500-LIG.NAD
>>> 500-LIG.NAE is in 2.8 Angstrom of 500-LIG.NAE
>>> 500-LIG.OXT is in 2.8 Angstrom of 500-LIG.OXT
>>> 500-LIG.N is in 2.8 Angstrom of 500-LIG.N