Re: [AMBER] g03 error message

From: Hannes Loeffler <Hannes.Loeffler.stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 10:38:11 +0000

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 10:10:08 +0000
Damiano Spadoni <enxds6.nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:

> Actually if you consider standard pH you've got a +1 charge on ending
> lysine NH3, -1 on lysine carboxylate and -2 on the phosphate group,
> resulting in -2.

The structure you have sent us has two geminal carboxylates.

> You are right on the spin multiplicity but that's
> because the previous optimisations, the singlet wasn't accepted.

Well, the spin multiplicity is a fundamental property of the wave
function that must be decided beforehand (and not changed to a value
that makes the program stop complaining). Unless your system is a
radical its spin multiplicity is a singlet.

> But I've found the problem. Thank you for replying.

For the sake of people who run into the same problem: what was it?