[AMBER] cpptraj question

From: Robert Molt <rwmolt07.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 11:38:36 -0500

I am encountering an oddity in attempting to do multiple serial cpptraj
jobs on a given node. The problem is either inherent to my script
choices or inherent to cppraj. I feel relatively confident the script is
right (he said before falling)...such that I am wondering if there is an
element to summoning cpptraj that I do not understand. I know some
softwares have locking mechanisms to prevent multiple serial spawns.

My script contents are as follows:

cd Run_1
cp ../analysis.ptraj ./
aprun -n 1 cpptraj -i analysis.ptraj &
cd ../
cd Run_2
cp ../analysis.ptraj ./
aprun -n 1 cpptraj -i analysis.ptraj &
Wait

I have modified this slightly; it actually goes over 16 jobs to use a
full node, but you get the picture. When I examine my files associated
with the jobs, /nominally/ 16 jobs have started in that the job record
indicates

[1] job ID #
[2] job ID #
etc.

But the actual execution of the task of analysis.ptraj is done
sequentially, directory by directory, rather than simultaneously.

--
Dr. Robert Molt Jr.
r.molt.chemical.physics.gmail.com