Re: [AMBER] hpc error

From: Damiano Spadoni <enxds6.nottingham.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 10:55:45 +0000

Dear Ambers,

try running enzymes simulations an hpc ARCHER, I often receive the same error text whatever I change in my input file:

| ERROR: PMEMD does not support intermolecular PRFs!

As you suggested, I checked my topology file with checkValidity (this kind of errors may due to something wrong in the .prmtop file) and it detected two CYS residues being within 3A distance and it suggested to change the name of the residues and build a disulfide bond, without specifying which cysteines it is referring about.
But the only cysteines that might be so close, are actually involved in binding a 4Fe-4S cluster (already double checked on VMD).

So the questions are:
- might it be a bug justifying its panicking error texts?
- how to manually edit such residues to avoid this close contact (if you suggest so)?

Many thanks
Damiano