Re: [AMBER] Fwd: q4md FF with two "small" molecules

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 18:38:44 +0200

Actually, in the amber minimization/heating described before, I had user
the PyRED mol2 output generated with C2 atom of "c" type (related to the
N-C2(O)-NH of the "dirty" fused cycle).

In contrast, with the charmm minimization/heating I had used the direct
antechamber output with its assignment of atom C2 to the "cd" type. This is
the only difference in atom types between the amber and the charmm runs.

So, after your sound analysis, I hoped that, by following antechamber's
desire to maintain planarity of the cycle, i.e., using the PyRED mol2
output with C2 atom of the "cd" type, everything should be in order. That
was not the case, the described deformation of the cycle, and of the C-O-P
angle, proved to be about the same as described before (minimization with
timestep 0.1, then 1.0 and heating to 300K, where I had to decrease the
timestep to 0.001 to avoid system instability.

I checked the atom types in "mol2" and antechamber original "ac": exactly
the same, in the same order. Hope to slowly understand why, as it is
clearly my problem, having all documentation on the computer.

thanks

francesco pietra