Re: [AMBER] QM&Lipid14

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 00:19:30 -0700

Hi Sofia,

The performance will be the same as a regular protein simulation - so count up the number of atoms you have and take a look at the benchmarks on the website - GPU benchmarks are here: http://ambermd.org/gpus/benchmarks.htm#Benchmarks - So if you had a 100K atom system and a Titan-X you could expect something in the region of 45 ns/day. Double that if you use a 4fs time step and hydrogen mass repartitioning.

> 2. During QM when you call gamess (&gms) in the input file, do you have to
> export the path to gamess first? Any relevant publications performing QM
> with AMBER14 and gamess DFT?

If you plan to do QM/MM using the external interface then the execution time will be dominated by the time to the QM calculation - you are then talking picoseconds a day at most - more likely a femtoseconds a day so be aware of this.

The external interface needs to know the path to Gamess - take a look at the external interface section of the manual: "http://ambermd.org/doc12/Amber15.pdf" (section 10). $GMS_PATH needs to be set to your Gamess installation location.

Here is the manuscript describing the external interface implementation: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jcc.23444

All the best
Ross

/\