Re: [AMBER] Calculating energy of solute

From: Christina Bergonzo <cbergonzo.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 15:44:08 -0600

Hi,

This error indicates to me that your system might be falling
apart/otherwise unstable.
If you visualize the trajectory it could help determine if this is the case.

Hope this helps,
Christina

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 3:33 PM, Krantzman, Kristin D <KrantzmanK.cofc.edu>
wrote:

> Dear Amber mailing list,
> I am trying to calculate the energy of my solute particle. I stripped the
> trajectory of all solvent and saved the topology file with the option
> nobox. When I try to run sander with imin=5, I get the error "The system
> has extended beyond the extent of the virtual box". I have selected ntb=0
> in my mdin file for input.
> Could you help me figure out what I am doing incorrectly?
> Thank you very much for your help.
> Best, Kristin
>
> Kristin D. Krantzman
> Professor, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
> College of Charleston
> Charleston, SC 29424
> (843) 953-3378

Christina Bergonzo, PhD
Postdoctoral Researcher
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Utah
30 South 2000 East, Rm. 201
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-5820
Office: L.S. Skaggs Pharmacy Research Institute, Rm.4290
http://home.chpc.utah.edu/~cheatham/
(801) 587-9652 / Fax: (801) 585-6208