Re: [AMBER] Contact map residues

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 08:40:01 -0600

Sorry for the delay in replying.

If all you want to do is select DCE within a certain radius of a
protein residue, your best bet is probably the 'mask' command in
cpptraj, e.g.

mask (:4<:7.0)&:DCE maskout selected.dat

This will select all residues named DCE within 7 Ang. of residue 4 and
write the results to selected.dat. Hope this helps,

-Dan

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 1:30 AM, Neha Gandhi <n.gandhiau.gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I have a protein adsorbed on the DCE (dichloro ethane) interface. I am
> trying to analyse contacts of DCE molecules with protein. I tried using
> contacts in cpptraj but it gives me total number of contacts. I am
> interested in figuring out the residue number of DCE making contact with a
> residue from protein. In summary I want to select DCE molecules within 7
> angstroms from the protein.
>
> Is there a way to do it in cpptraj? Your feedback is appreciated.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Dr. Neha S. Gandhi,
> Curtin Research Fellow,