Re: [AMBER] MCPB problem

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 12:15:29 -0400

Hi Kshatresh,

> Hi Pengfei,
>
> Sorry for multiple posting. I recompiled the MCPB program after installing
> scipy and this fixes the program error. Many thanks for your help.

No problem.

> However,
> it is showing error while running the my input as follows but gives all
> necessarily files eg gaussian inputs for side chain and large model,
> fingerprint files etc.
> Creating the normal residue 387-S0H
> Totally there are 106 atoms in the large model.
> Totally there are 457 electrons in the large model.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/local/amber14/bin/MCPB.py", line 419, in <module>
> watermodel, 2, sqmopt)
> File
> "/usr/local/amber14/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mcpb/gene_model_files.py",
> line 1167, in gene_model_files
> ionids, chargedict, totchg, outf, watermodel, sqmopt)
> File
> "/usr/local/amber14/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mcpb/gene_model_files.py",
> line 984, in build_large_model
> chg = str(int(chargedict[i]))
> KeyError: ‘FE'

Is the Fe ion in the FE.mol2 file has the same residue and atom names as it in the PDB file (e.g. all have “FE" as residue name and as atom name)?

> I followed the same input as in MCPB tutorial, changed the atom id for FE
> according to pdb, produced WAT.mol2 files. However I am not sure how to add
> WAT.mol2 file in input and there is no information about this in manual as
> well. In addition I found that program MCPB assigns FE as Z1 in fingerprint
> file generated by run.

You can add WAT.mol2 file name after the naa_mol2files variable in the MCPB.py input file, it is fine for naa_mol2files variable following by several mol2 file names.

MCPB.py will assign FE as Z1 automatically during the parameterization step if you pick the default mode for step 1, which will make the Fe ion has a unique atom type from other atoms. It is fine.

> Please help me regarding these issues. Thanks in advance.

Best,
Pengfei