Re: [AMBER] MCPB problem

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 12:19:52 -0400

Hi Kshatresh,

It also supports Zn. The following words in the tutorial may be confusing:

Z-matrix methodThe bond and angle force constants are determined from the
Cartesian Hessian matrixSeminario MethodThe bond and angle force constants
are determined from the sub matrices of the Cartesian Hessian matrixEmpirical
Method (Only in MCPB.py)The bond and angle force constants are determined
from an empirical method developed by Li et al. in Merz Research Group,
current version only supports bonded model of Zinc ion

Actually it means, MCPB supports two methods (Z-matrix and Seminario),
while MCPB.py supports three methods (Z-matrix, Seminario and an empirical
one). The empirical method in MCPB.py only supports Zn ion now but for the
other two methods in MCPB.py they support a lot of ions.

Best,
Pengfei

> Hi Pengfei
>
> Thanks for your reply. Does the python version also support for Fe? Some
> time ago I read that present version supports only for Zn.
>
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 6:56 PM, Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear Kshatresh,
> >
> > There is a program called MCPB.py, a python substitute of MCPB, in
> > AmberTools15 (AmberTools15 is free and you can download it here:
> > http://ambermd.org/AmberTools15-get.html). It takes much less time to
> > parameterize a metal site by using MCPB.py than MCPB. There is also a web
> > tutorial about MCPB.py:
> > http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial20/mcpbpy.htm. If you have
> > more questions, please feel free to email me.
> >
> > Best,
> > Pengfei

> > > Dear Users,
> > >
> > > I am using MCPB for building parameter of iron containing protein. I am
> > > following exactly the same steps as described in MCPB tutorial,
> however I
> > > am getting problem in copying StdResidue in during _sidechain.bcl,
> > > particularly to the line describing metal (FE). I am attaching my
> > > _sidechain.bcl as well as pdb file.
> > > Please help me to fix this problem
> > >
> > > --
> > > With best regards