Re: [AMBER] [parmed.py] chemistry.exceptions.AmberParmError loading topology file

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 08:36:16 -0400

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 6:41 AM, Eiros Zamora, Juan <
j.eiros-zamora14.imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Thanks for your help. You’re right, the topology file was obtained some
> months ago using the parmed.py of AmberTools 14 to strip the waters out of
> the topology file that was used for MD production. I’ll try and look for
> the original one and make the proper changes with the newer version of
> parmed.py

​In that case, try the script that I attached -- it should be a quick fix:

===

​from chemistry.amber.readparm import AmberFormat
​import sys

parm = AmberFormat(
​sys.argv[1])

parm.parm_data['ATOMIC_NUMBER'] = parm.parm_data['ATOMIC_NUMBER'][:7425]
​parm.write_parm(sys.argv[1])
===

Save that file to something like "fixparm.py" and then execute it via:

python fixparm.py <prmtop>

where <prmtop> is your topology file. This should fix your prmtop to have
only the correct number of atomic number entries.

HTH,
BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher