Re: [AMBER] Changing font size with mdout_analyzer.py

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 11:47:21 -0400

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Krantzman, Kristin D <KrantzmanK.cofc.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
> I cannot figure out how to change the font size for titles on the charts
> with mdout_analyzer.py. When I use separate plots, it is difficult to see
> the titles because a large font size is used. Could you help?

​There is no way to change the font size of anything once the script is
running. Since mdout_analyzer.py uses matplotlib to do its plotting, you
can write a matplotlibrc file to control the size of the various text
attributes, but they cannot be changed once mdout_analyzer.py starts.

Try creating the file matplotlibrc file in your current directory and put
the following text inside it:

​axes.titlesize : small
axes.labelsize : small
xtick.labelsize : small
ytick.labelsize : small

That should make all of the text much smaller.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher