Re: [AMBER] chirality.c

From: Aronica, Pietro <pietro.aronica07.imperial.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 14:05:53 +0000

Hello,
Using the bondbydistance command I have found a workaround. I load the lib as normal, with all the correct bonds I intend to have, except the N of the custom residue is not designated as the head atom. Upon loading the lib and pdb, there is no error, save for the fact that the custom residue is not bound on the N-side. The bondbydistance command rectifies this and there is no problem. It's an extra step and it's clunky, but it works so far, so thank you for suggesting it.
My question still stands, however: what does chirality.c do? What causes it to give an error? Why is it dependant on the status of the head atom of the residue, if it gives errors using completely different atoms?
Cheers
Pietro