Re: [AMBER] error in GPU during equilibration

From: Lara rajam <lara.4884.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 18:17:51 -0400

Dear amber !

It is working , the mistake is mine ! , when I give the run as

pmemd.cuda -i eq2_pmemd.in -p solvated_protein.prmtop -c eq1.rst -ref
eq1.rst -o eq2.log

I was able to do it and if i give the mdcrd and rest file flags it is
giving me the problem.

I also understood that the default value for nrespa=1.

thank you so much for the reply , but still I have some issues on
equilibration when i run in CUDA the error is as follows

*****************

ERROR: Calculation halted. Periodic box dimensions have changed too much
from their initial values.

  Your system density has likely changed by a large amount, probably from

  starting the simulation from a structure a long way from equilibrium.

  [Although this error can also occur if the simulation has blown up for
some reason]

  The GPU code does not automatically reorganize grid cells and thus you

  will need to restart the calculation from the previous restart file.

  This will generate new grid cells and allow the calculation to continue.

  It may be necessary to repeat this restarting multiple times if your
system

  is a long way from an equilibrated density.

  Alternatively you can run with the CPU code until the density has
converged

  and then switch back to the GPU code.

SO I have ro run the equilibration in CPU based sander.MPI and I can run
the MD using CUDA will this fix the issues or what I should do

thank you