Re: [AMBER] Non-equilibrium pulling with plane-point restraints

From: <achim.sandmann.chemie.stud.uni-erlangen.de>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 14:42:07 +0200

Hi Jacob,

no need to apologize at all, I'm happy to hear that yu could solve the
problem.
As for the files, I use restraints to keep DNA ends from unwinding. The
NMR-restraint outputfile lists the restrained distances over time like
this:
       0 1.759 1.781 1.916 1.965
     500 1.640 1.801 2.032 1.823
    1000 1.682 1.796 1.843 1.879
    1500 1.733 1.753 1.845 1.848
    2000 1.731 1.679 1.902 1.888
    2500 1.706 1.768 2.086 1.933
    3000 1.640 1.783 1.755 1.794
    3500 1.741 1.766 1.855 1.873
    4000 1.707 1.815 2.049 1.834
    4500 1.748 1.792 1.936 1.905
When an SMD reaction coordinate is set, it uses the same input file as the
NMR-restraints and is also given the same output-file name. This output
file name contains the same parameters that you described:
    31.19480 31.19015 46.53047 0.00000
    31.19580 31.18994 58.57011 0.05255
    31.19680 31.18970 71.00753 0.11734
    31.19780 31.18931 84.86008 0.19527
    31.19880 31.18897 98.34580 0.28688
    31.19980 31.18898 108.23863 0.39017
    31.20080 31.18934 114.60081 0.50159
It however doesn't contain the NMR-restrained distances, which I think is
intentional, since there is only one specified output file and the SMD
parameters are more important.
Since the forces of the NMR restraints were not listet in this file before
(only in the .out file), and I didn't notice qualitative differences
between SMD calcs with and without NMR-restraints, I work under the
assumption that the NMR-restrained distances are completely omitted and
not somehow uncluded within the SMD reaction coordinate output.
If anybody knows this to be false I would be thankful if you would tell me.

Since you don't use explicit solvent and the intendet and actual reaction
coordinate are close, I don't know what could cause the noise in the
pulling force.

with kind regards,
Achim