Re: [AMBER] Gaff Parameters Si

From: Sharapa <dmitriy.sharapa.fau.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 13:30:51 +0200

Dear David, thanks a lot for your answer and excuse me please for long
request.
In principal I solve my problem by varying parameters in frcmod file and
providing constraint minimisation to compare results with MP2
calculations. It seems to be manual (and badly time consuming) analog of
what script on
http://www.ub.edu/cbdd/?q=content/small-molecule-dihedrals-parametrization
should be doing. I got hc-c3-Si-c3 parameter by working up TMS molecule,
and then went to more comlicated molecules to parametrise c3-c3-Si-c3
and so on. My check in with c3-Si-c3 angle force constant shows that
parmgen gives rather ok parameters. Nevetherless taking force constant
for hc-c3-Si-c3 equal to hc-c3-c3-c3 gives rotational barrier nearly
twice higher than it has to be (and so far hc-c3-Si-c3 force constant
had to be decreased). Same situation has place with c3-c3-Si-c3. Scan
profiles with new parameters looks quite ok and i will see when how the
system will behave in MD when will manage to start an MD.
If you find my procedure wrong - please let me know, and if you are
interested in more details - do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Dmitriy