Re: [AMBER] Fwd: NMR restraints with pmemd.cuda problem

From: Miroslav Krepl <krepl.seznam.cz>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 11:43:04 +0200

Hi Perri,

I am so glad that you found the bug and that there is a fix coming!
Thank you!

Unfortunately, yes, the ir6=1 is integral for my computations.

The restraint I am using are derived from NMR NOEsy experiments. And the
only way that they are making physical sense is if there is r6 averaging
of common atom groups because thats how the Nuclear Overhauser Effect
physically works (the measured signal decays with a r^6 of distance
between the atom and the atoms from the common group).

The R6 averaging is therefore essential for anyone who tries to run
simulations using the NMR structural data as a biasing force (majority
of NMR-determined structures in the PDB database use NOE restraints in
one form or the other).

It is also essential to anyone who wants to do NMR refinement on GPUs.

So from my perspective, this is definitely a high-priority feature for
implementation.

Thanks again!

Miroslav