Re: [AMBER] MD simulation: cis isomer of peptide bond

From: Michael Shokhen <michael.shokhen.biu.ac.il>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 17:34:38 +0000

Hi Carlos,

Many thanks for your reply.
The initial 3D structure of enzyme was
generated by homology modeling based on
the known aa sequence. Then the structure of free enzyme
was relaxed by amber ff14sb in water box at about 300 ns productive
MD simulation until RMSD convergence of the backbone was achieved.
It is serine protease where catalytic Ser nucleophile is activated by
His general base catalysis. In the Michaelis complex of serine protease
N eps His and O gamma Ser form H-bond (the ultimate condition of
proton transfer), so I used 2.8 A restraint of this interatomic distance.
The second restraint is between attacking Ser O gamma atom and peptide substrate
amide carbonyl carbon atom (electrophilic center). This distance was restraint
at 3.0 A in the MD simulated Michaelis complex (MC). The mentioned distances restraint
is what I called as "biochemically reasonable". I used the restraints
because without them the ff14sb didn't keep the mentioned critical for catalysis
distances at reasonable values considerably increasing them.
I have been planning to relax by unrestrained MD the MC structure when previous conditional
restraint MD simulation would satisfy RMSD. Unfortunately, as I wrote I faced cis
isomerization of peptide bond in restrained MD.

I still need your expertize of my script files attached to previous email.

Thank you,
Michael

Michael Shokhen, PhD
Associate Professor