Re: [AMBER] MPI_ABORT error

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 16:56:01 -0400

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 3:41 PM, Amber mail <amber.auc14.gmail.com> wrote:

> Kindly be informed that I am new to AMBER, and I just finished few
> introductory tutorials.

Sorry for inconvenience, and thanks for your help! This works with no errors

​No inconvenience for us. The main motive I have for pointing out things
like this is to help illustrate my thought process about how I figure out
what went wrong, and what I look for and what information I use to diagnose
problems.

My hope is that my responses help with 3 things:

- Help you solve the problem you reported
- Help you ask questions more effectively in the future so that it is
easier for us to give you a better answer faster
- Help you ultimately learn Amber well enough so that you can figure more
problems out without asking us (and even better, be able to help others
with theirs!) After all, I started once, too ;-).

I try to write my answers with those goals in mind. (Also, my last
response was written on a cell phone, which always makes them come off
shorter and perhaps a bit brisk.)

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University