[AMBER] GTX Titan Xs slowing down after 200ns

From: Mohamed Faizan Momin <mmomin9.student.gsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 14:12:37 +0000

Hi all,

I have two GTX Titan Xs paired with a i7 5930K . 3.5 GHz processor in an ASUS Rampage V motherboard with 16GB 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM. i'm running a relatively small ~15K atom system and doing normal MD simulation with dt=0.002. My production file setup saves files every 100ns. I get an average of 275ns/day on the system but for some reason the Titan Xs slow down to a mere 100ns/day after two runs or 200ns. This happens exactly after the 2nd run is completed. I have to stop the current job and start it up again to continue onward. The err.log is empty and the temperatures are not an issue, as I have the fans running at ~50% which keep both GPUs under 65c. Any suggestions?

--
Mohamed Faizan Momin