Re: [AMBER] Periodic Box Size and Charge Determination

From: Aronica, Pietro <pietro.aronica07.imperial.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 15:02:23 +0000

Thank you for your response.
I do not expect to mess around with protonated HIS or neutral ASP, so, for now, I have just written a short script that sums up all charged amino acids and counterions and outputs the overall charge.
For cpptraj, how can I include CRYST1 records to pdbs? The manual is no help, and the only clues I find online are patchlogs saying that the feature is now implemented. Do I need to have prmtop and restart in a special format? The prmtop does have a FLAG BOX_DIMENSIONS, and the restart does have that last line indicating box size and angles. Is something else needed? I have cpptraj V15.00b, so it seems to me I have the latest version.
Short aside, I can't seem to apply update.1. I get the following error message:

PatchingError: .patches/AmberTools15_Unapplied_Patches/update.1 failed to apply. No changes made from this patch

Is that cause for concern?
Kind regards
Pietro