Re: [AMBER] Periodic Box Size and Charge Determination

From: Aronica, Pietro <pietro.aronica07.imperial.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 12:43:46 +0000

Thank you for your reply.
Because of my workflow, I find myself needing to input fully solvated pdbs (with octahedral boxes) back into LEaP for further simulations and modifications. This step involves manually setting the box with the "set PDB box NUM" command (and changing the angles in the prmtop and inpcrd from square to octahedral). Up to now, I've taken NUM from the restart file I created the pdb from, but this was clunky and always required me to check the restart file. If you tell me there is no way to calculate the box size from the pdb, I will go back to it, but I thought it would be a relatively simple coordinate calculation to output the correct value.
As for the charge calculation, I know pdbs have no charge, but they do have the number of ASP, GLU, LYS and ARG, as well as counterions, so I thought it would be trivial to sum accordingly and give the overall charge. If there is no existing program, I guess I'll just write my own.
Kind regards
Pietro