Re: [AMBER] installation without ambertools

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 07:29:31 -0700

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 1:17 AM, Asmita Gupta <asmita4des.gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear users,
>
> I need to install amber on a remote login server mainly for running
> pmemd/pmemd.MPI. I don't need the complete functionalities of ambertools on
> that machine.
>
> Is there any way to install, say only MD engine like pmemd in a machine
> without having to install the complete ambertools?

​Sort of. AmberTools contains the configure script, so you will still need
to download and extract AmberTools in order to install Amber. Once you run
configure, though, you can go to the $AMBERHOME/src directory and just type
"make install" to only compile variations of pmemd (e.g., pmemd,
pmemd.amoeba, pmemd.MPI, pmemd.cuda, etc.).

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher