Re: [AMBER] illegal memory access in amber GPU simulations

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 21:22:52 -0700

Hi Naomi.

Does this happen on multiple cards and machines or just one? It sounds like a bad GPU to me.

Try downloading the following: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/708185/GPU_Validation_Test.tar.gz

then.

tar xvzf GPU_Validation_Test.tar.gz
cd GPU_Validation_Test

edit run_test_4gpu.x to set the number of GPUs in your system at the top of the file.

Then run:

nohup ./run_test_4gpu.x >& run_test_4gpu.log

it will take about 12 hours to run. Once done post the run_test_4gpu.log and GPUx.log files to the list.

All the best
Ross