Re: [AMBER] Lipid diffusion in cpptraj

From: Life Sciences Inc <contact.lifesciences.inc.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 23:50:54 +0200

Thank you Daniel Roe , now the command to calculate diffusion is running ,
I was just missing the run at the end of command. Thank you very much for
your guidance.

I am directly running the command from terminal as diffusion 5.0 diff.out
:DOPC by directly loading the psf and trajectory in dcd format, I am
masking the DOPC as I have to calculate lipid diffusion for all the DOPC
lipids in my system. I have also unwrapped the trajectory. But if I use :1
for masking other than writing DOPC my results are little different, can
you please tell me why ?

And correct me if I use a trajectory only having my lipids meaning
trajectory without water, ions or any other molecule then I dont think it
requires unwraping. I have stripped my trajectory of water and ions just to
save the memory in my computer as the whole trajectory with all atoms makes
my computer to halt. is this approach correct? if not then I should use
the unwrapped trajectory with all atoms?

My last question is that diffusion command in cpptraj gives results in all
directions x, y and z separately and with a.xmgr it gives the total
displacement in x y and z ? but I have to calculate lateral diffusion for
my lipids, should I use simple diffusion command or stfc command for that,
as I do not want to calculate diffusion for certain distances as mentioned
in stfc command . How can I correctly calculate lateral diffusion for my
system?

waiting for your kind reply.

Thanks Alot ....