Re: [AMBER] Paramentrization of a Uracil base with an O3' terminus deprotonated.

From: giulia palermo <giulia.palermo83.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 16:20:56 +0200

Dear Jason,

thank you for your e-mail and sorry if I have not clearly explained my
problem.
Our Uracile has to be deprotonated at O3' in order to exert a specific
mechanism.

Thus, we are calculating the RESP charges for a deprotonated Uracile.
We have already parametrized nucleic acid bases using the capping
procedure.
At that time, we have employed a methyl group for capping O5' and H for
capping O3'.
In this way, the TOTAL charge of the capping residues is ZERO.

In the case of a deprotonated Uracile, we can not cap O5' with a methyl
group. Indeed, the total charge of the methyl is 0.188 (NOT ZERO) and
during the refitting procedure, we would end up with a spurious charge,
because the TOTAL charge of the capping residues will not be zero.

How do you suggest to cap the O5' ??

Thank you
g & l.