Re: [AMBER] help in amber

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 09:13:46 -0400

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 5:31 AM, Robin Jain <robinjain.chem.gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
> i have simulate a organic molecule in 128 methanol in a cubic box of 21
> angstrom and after 60ns production , i want to use final coordinate for
> abinitio md, Therefore i load my trajectory in VMD to save last frame
> coordinates but after loading i saw that all the methanol molecules are too
> much far away from each other and their coordinates are out of box, for
> this i used another option given in Amber program such as ambpdb to save
> coordinates but it also show to much variable coordinates , specially in
> negative values. What is going wrong, Please help me in this regard.

​This is natural -- you would expect individual solvent molecules to drift
out of the unit cell from which they started. But keep in mind that with
periodic boundary conditions, when a particle drifts out of a particular
unit cell, another of its periodic images drifts in on the opposite side.

This is simply a visualization artifact caused by the fact that we only
store the positions of *one* image of each particle (it's impossible to
store all infinity of them, obviously). You can use the "autoimage"
command in cpptraj to map everything back into a single unit cell if this
helps:

trajin your_trajectory
autoimage
trajout imaged_trajectory

Obviously change the names of the trajectory files to what you want.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher