Re: [AMBER] How to set interatomic distance restraint?

From: Michael Shokhen <michael.shokhen.biu.ac.il>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 15:04:46 +0300

Dear David,

Thank you for the specifying the manual pages in chapter 24.1.
Unfortunately the mentioned text is very brief
and insufficient for a new user as me.
In fact the whole amber manual is written in reference book
style for experienced users but not for beginners.
There is an example in the addressed chapter :

restraint = "distance( (45) (49) )"

but nothing is explained how to set the required interatomic distance value
(3.0 A for instance), and how to set also the force constants values in the
cited above command.
I would appreciate if you could give a detailed example of input file for
minimization
and MD simulation accounting interatomic distance restraints for one or two
atomic pairs.

Thank you,
Michael

Michael Shokhen, PhD