Re: [AMBER] folding RNA using SGLD

From: Wu, Xiongwu (NIH/NHLBI) [E] <"Wu,>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 14:44:37 +0000

Hi Asmita,
SGLD will make the conformational search faster. Whether or not your RNA folds depends on the force field and simulation conditions, such as explicit or implicit solvent, temperature, etc.
SGLD (set with isgld=1) do have slight deviation in ensemble distribution while significantly enhance conformational search. SGLDg(set with isgld=3) can maintain ensemble distribution, but has reduced conformational search ability as compared with SGLD.
I would suggest to run SGLD (isgld=1, gamma_ln=1/ps, sgft=1) for your RNA folding. Once you can see your RNA fold, which indicate the force field and simulation conditions are OK, you can run SGLDg for an accurate folding simulation.
Please feel free to let me know if you have further questions.

Xiongwu