[AMBER] Hydrogen bond bridges

From: DEBOSTUTI GHOSHDASTIDAR <debostutighosh.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 19:22:23 +0530

Dear Amber Users

I have a system consisting of ions (A) and water (W) that hydrogen between
one another. I wanted to specifically calculate various kinds of bridges
formed by water:

A-W-A: where the water bridges between two ions
A-W-W: where the water bridges between an ion and another water
W-W-W: where the water bridges between two waters.

I used the following cpptraj commands for the same:

hbond A_W solventdonor :WAT solventacceptor :WAT :A angle 135.0 dist 3.5
nointramol bridgeout watbridge.dat

hbond A_W1 solventdonor :WAT solventacceptor :WAT acceptormask :A,:WAT
donormask :WAT angle 135.0 dist 3.5 nointramol bridgeout watbridge1.dat

hbond W_W solventdonor :WAT solventacceptor :WAT acceptormask :WAT
donormask :WAT angle 135.0 dist 3.5 nointramol bridgeout watbridge2.dat

run

writedata A_W_bridge.dat A_W[Bridge]
writedata A_W_bridge1.dat A_W1[Bridge]
writedata W_W_bridge.dat W_W[Bridge]

I presumed that A_W_bridge1.dat will have information about A-W-W as well
as A-W-A (since both A and WAT are mentioned in the solute mask) and will
actually be a sum of the information in A_W_bridge.dat (has only A in the
solute mask) and W_W_bridge.dat (has only WAT in the solute mask.

However, this doesn't seem to be the case. The W_W_bridge.dat has far more
number of W-W-W bridges recorded than A_W_bridge1.dat.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

--
Debostuti