Re: [AMBER] Required time for a typical MD run

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 15:32:31 -0600

Hi,

How long a run takes depends on a lot of factors including how large your
system is, what hardware you are running on, how Amber was compiled, what
simulation options you are using, etc. Before running any production MD you
should benchmark your system (i.e. perform a shorter run to get an idea for
how long your production run is going to take). You can also run
standardized benchmarks and compare to existing benchmarks (typing 'Amber
benchmarks' into Google is a good place to start).

Hope this helps,

-Dan

Daniel R. Roe, PhD
Department of Medicinal Chemistry