Re: [AMBER] Recover the water model and periodic box from built parm files

From: Brian Radak <brian.radak.accts.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 10:44:06 -0500

If I understand your purpose correctly, you should be able to recover a
PDB file of the system using ambpdb and then reload the whole thing into
tleap. This would preserve a representative configuration as well as the
overall atom count.

I should note, this is not usually done and would require inserting a
"TER" character after /every single water molecule/ion/ in the PDB file
(a simple awk script can do this pretty easily). You can then re-assign
the box parameters manually in tleap (use "set box" instead of
"solvatebox" or "solvateoct").

As per Jason's remarks, you can't directly extract the lib and frcmod
information, but I would assume you have some idea as to what these are.
In any event you can trial/error use multiple force fields and then
compare parameters directly using ParmEd until you have what you want (I
forget the command, "printInfo" maybe? It's pretty fantastic).

Cheers,
Brian

--
Brian Radak