Re: [AMBER] Spreading water molecules over the simulation time

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 09:18:17 -0600

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 1:40 PM, Morteza Chehel Amirani <
chehelam.ualberta.ca> wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> I have performed a routine MD simulation in a water box with the periodic
> boundary conditions. When I load the output trajectory (with mdcrd format)
> in Chimera, it seems there is no box and water molecules spread in the
> space over the simulation time and the box is no more realized. I'm just

My guess is that you did not enable wrapping of coordinates (iwrap=1). What
you see is the waters diffusing into neighboring cells, but rest assured
the simulation is fine. As previously mentioned this is a visualization
artifact and can be corrected with the 'autoimage' command in cpptraj.

-Dan

> wondering if anyone knows whether the problem is with the visualization of
> the results or something is wrong with the simulation parameters.
>
> Sincerely
> *Morteza Chehel Amirani*
> PhD Candidate
> Department of Mechanical Engineering