Re: [AMBER] Few queries about membrane protein simulations

From: Joseph Baker <bakerj.tcnj.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 00:07:48 -0400

Hi Ross,

Thanks. But those bugfixes just mean that now groups of atoms can be used
in place of single atoms for the various iat(n) values, right? Does that
update also allow for the nmropt distance restraint between the COMs of
those two selections to be just in the z direction like you mentioned
(e.g., a molecule above a membrane, for which you'd want to have umbrella
windows along the membrane normal constraining the molecule to various Z
values)? I thought that the distance restraint in the &rst namelist,
whether it be between atoms or COMs of many atoms, does not restrain along
some direction.

Kind regards,
Joe

--