Re: [AMBER] Fwd: GPU pmemd.cuda runs very slow (3ns/day)???

From: Chinh Su Tran To <chinh.sutranto.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 09:59:16 +0800

Thanks Jason and Prof. Monard.

One more question. Sometimes I got the results regarding "Infinity".
For example, the results below I got from the .out file (running on GPU
installed in a server, using ALPB Implicit, amber14, ff12SB), as below:

   5. TIMINGS

| NonSetup CPU Time in Major Routines:
|
| Routine Sec %
| ------------------------------
| Nonbond 223686.99 79.15
| Bond 0.00 0.00
| Angle 0.00 0.00
| Dihedral 0.00 0.00
| Shake 2049.98 0.73
| RunMD 56857.13 20.12
| Other 0.00 0.00
| ------------------------------
| Total 282594.10

| Generalized Born CPU Time:
|
| Routine Sec %
| ------------------------------------
| Radii Calc 0.00 0.00
| Diagonal Calc 0.00 0.00
| Off Diagonal Calc 0.00 0.00
| GBSA LCPO Calc 0.00 0.00
| ---------------------------------
| Total 0.00 0.00

| Final Performance Info:
| -----------------------------------------------------
| Average timings for last 0 steps:
| Elapsed(s) = 0.03 Per Step(ms) = +Infinity
| ns/day = 0.00 seconds/ns = +Infinity
|
| Average timings for all steps:
| Elapsed(s) = 283573.63 Per Step(ms) = 5.67
| ns/day = 30.47 seconds/ns = 2835.74
| -----------------------------------------------------

| Setup CPU time: 0.62 seconds
| NonSetup CPU time: 282594.10 seconds
| Total CPU time: 282594.72 seconds 78.50 hours

| Setup wall time: 1 seconds
| NonSetup wall time: 283573 seconds
| Total wall time: 283574 seconds 78.77 hours

Is it normal or unexpected when it shows "Infinity"? Other results show
some values instead of "Infinity" though.
However, I checked the system (energy, density, conformation, etc.) and all
are reasonable.

Im wondering what effect it may bring if it shows "Infinity"?

Thank you.

Chinh