Re: [AMBER] cpptraj crosscorr command

From: Gard Nelson <Gard.Nelson.NantBio.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 17:44:38 +0000

Thanks Dan,

That makes perfect sense. For some reason, I was thinking that instead of an average, the "matrix dist" command would produce an M x N x S matrix, where M and N are the atom indicies and S is the number of steps. Given that that isn't how the "correl" command behaves, I should have known better. Out of curiosity, is there any way to write such a distance matrix (M x N x S) from cpptraj?

Based on my (hurried) reading of the code, the "matrix correl" command seems to be calculating the same formula found on Wikipedia for the Pearson product-moment, (rhoX,Y = <(X - uX)(Y - uY)> / (sigmaX * sigmaY)) but between frames instead of between datasets as you explained. Is that correct? Is "dynamic cross correlation" referring to the Pearson product-moment, or is there some subtlety I'm missing? My googling hasn't returned much for it...

Thanks for your help,
gard