[AMBER] Regarding dihedral scanning

From: Soumendranath Bhakat <bhakatsoumendranath.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 10:36:21 +0200

Dear Amberists,

I wish to perform a dihedral scanning within A residues ranging from 60-80
within a beta-hairpin structure. I guess the dihedralscan keyword will find
all possible dihedrals within this residue range

so I guess my input should be something like this

trajin md_total.nc
dihedralscan resrange :60-80 phi out dihedral.dat

But is there any need of specifying the interval and random keywords in
this case. Actually I partially understand the utility of these keywords in
scanning.

I guess the interval keyword is necessary when we want to create a
trajectory by rotating specified dihedrals in a structure by regular
intervals but hence I just want to scan the trend of regular dihedrals I
don't need to add the interval as well as random keywords.

Please let me know if I understand it correctly or there is any mistake.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards,
SB

--