Re: [AMBER] Density for a protein ligand complex run

From: Mrinda Jones <mrindajones.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 11:56:00 +0530

Hi Dac and Hector,

The system details are:
Force field : gaff and ff99SB
System Length : 212 residues (protein) and one Drug
Overall Protein is Neutral and Drug has -2 Net charge
Thermostat and barostat used: Langevin thermostat (NTT=3),
MC Barostat was default i.e 1, ntp=1

My question is, is this density being less than 1gg/cc justifiable in terms
of MD run. Is the run okay?

When I visualize in VMD the trajectory for the drug-protein interaction
does not any show blow off. Moreover the protein I have used is a modeled
one. The temperature, pressure, volume and Energies are showing stable
graphs as expected from a normal 80 ns run.

What can a rmsd data tell about the simulation? Is it necessary for the
rmsd to get stabilized below 3 or 4 Angstrom in case of modeled protein
runs as well as there is an non-modeled loop region towards the
protein-tail.

Thanks
M. Jones