Re: [AMBER] Density for a protein ligand complex run

From: Hector A. Baldoni <hbaldoni.unsl.edu.ar>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 11:14:37 -0300 (ARGSL-ST)

Hi,

It is a compromise between precision and accuracy. While 0.98 g / cc is
very accurate but little precise), 1 g / cc is very precise but
inaccurate. Both accuracy and precision reflect how close a measurement is
to an actual value, but accuracy reflects how close a measurement is to a
known or accepted value, while precision reflects how reproducible
measurements are, even if they are far from the accepted value.

I Hope this help you.
Greeting,
Hector.

> Hi,
>

> The Density of my system after adding
>>solvateoct test TIP3PBOX 12.0
>
> -I: Adding /opt/apps/amber14/dat/leap/prep to search path.
> -I: Adding /opt/apps/amber14/dat/leap/lib to search path.
> -I: Adding /opt/apps/amber14/dat/leap/parm to search path.
> -I: Adding /opt/apps/amber14/dat/leap/cmd to search path.
> Total mass 492852.154 amu, Density 0.849 g/cc
> Added 25964 residues.
>> savepdb test box12.pdb
> Writing pdb file: box12.pdb
>

> And after simulation run for 80 ns, the summary.DENSITY file shows an
> average density of 0.98 which is stable but less than 1 gm/cc.
>
> What could be the possible reason of density being less than 1. Also is
> the
> simulation correct seeing the density?
>
> Please guide.
>
> Thanking in anticipation.