Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py API AttributeError: 'MMPBSA_App' object has no attribute ‘using_chamber'

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 09:28:27 -0400

On Fri, 2015-05-29 at 11:46 +0100, D.J. Pattinson wrote:
> Dear Amber users
>
> I would like to be using the MMPBSA.py API in my work.
>
> I’ve run MMPBSA.py on a pretty standard ligand protein system and
> attempt to then load the the mmpbsa info as described on p637 of the
> Amber 2015 reference manual:
>
> from MMPBSA_mods import API as MMPBSA_API
> data = MMPBSA_API.load_mmpbsa_info(’_MMPBSA_info’)
>
> I get:
>
> AttributeError: 'MMPBSA_App' object has no attribute ‘using_chamber'

It seems that I introduced this error when I stopped parsing topology
files as part of the API (which I did to make the API parse the output
almost instantaneously rather than potentially taking several seconds
each time). But it seems that "using_chamber" is only set when topology
files are parsed.

The solution is fairly simple -- edit the _MMPBSA_info file and add the
following line somewhere before the input file is printed:

using_chamber = False

If you're using CHARMM prmtop files, that will need to be set to True.
I'm preparing a fix in which this variable will be printed to the MMPBSA
info file in the future, and I've added a test for the API to make sure
it doesn't break again.

Thanks for the report!

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University